Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Pre-Book Review: The Suburban Bitch

My preference would be to write about the unsolved murders of Terrance Yeakey and Kenneth Trentadue. But seeing as I don't have a staff of lackeys to write articles for me during the busy days and the banner description lists both books and claptrap as subject matter appearing on this blog, I'm forced to go with the latter.

This self-published book by Miss Billi Wong Tiller produces a paradox right off the bat, or the cover as it were. The so-called "Suburban Bitch" title transposed with a picture of a smiling black woman and an equally jovial white missy in a matching skirt is confusing enough. Add to that her surname with the apparent Chinese middle name and I'm not sure quite what's what here.

Flip over to the back cover and the confusion intensifies. The author, Billi herself (I believe that's her on the front cover as well), is donned in what looks like traditional African regalia and looks anything but a suburban bitch or a bitch at all.


But this is fiction, right? Sure, but then how do you explain this on her dedication page:

Dun dun dun dun! SATAN! Maybe she's into that voodoo shit. With "Goat" as a sobriquet you'd hope to hell she was.

I have a feeling that this is going to be neither In Search of Goodpussy or Tally's Corner nor Black Muscle but if there's any truth to the fact that she loves Beelzebub then by gawd there better be no part of the Coz in this book or else I'll be gravely disappointed.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

What's the subject matter in the book? I tried searching but can't find any information on it. Only a 4 star review on amazon and get this, the price is $149.00.

the said...

It's supposedly a "gritty" piece of fiction. I was thinking about recording some audio and I just might.

Anonymous said...

I read this book years ago as a teen in the late 90s. I thought it was a true story. It was about a woman in an abusive relationship. The most graphic part was when the character got a hot curling iron inserted into her vagina by her abuser.

the said...

Haha anon. I don't know why I haven't seen this comment before now but that sounds like a classic scene. Must read it now!

Renee said...

This book was written by my cousin Billi. This book is based on a true story. No, she do not believe in Satan. This book was dedicated to the people that caused a lot of hell in her life. I know one thing, this is definitely a page turner. Once I picked it up I could not put it down!

Darlene A. Byrd, Artist said...

I knew Billi and she was delightful. She lived next to my great aunt Iris in Troy, Michigan. Billi gave me two of her books and as her cousin Renee said, I could not put it down. If you get an opportunity to read her story, you will not be disappointed. You never know what someone experiences unless they tell you about it. Learn what it is to overcome many obstacles in life.