Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Sometimes I Feel Like A BLOB


Even though I'm still kicking through the rape, murder, premature ejaculation and union schlock of Black Muscle I'm always on the lookout for more books. Books to sell, trade, showcase and on the rare occasion, read. This one was a no-brainer in the pick-me-up department. With a feces-like persona signifying a troubled person with low self-esteem on the cover I knew it'd be a winner and it is.

The book's premise is that kids have problems and Jesus has the answer. Through Ethel Barrett, that is. She was apparently a radio, television and spoken word personality of sorts. One of her target audiences was teens. With teens come problems and like Don Lonie taught us: the answer starts with a solid religious foundation.

As with vinyl records some of the best titles and strange methodologies for solving life's issues are/were produced by religionists. You don't have to agree with them to appreciate the art form and I suspect that the self-deprecating approach is what made many of these simplistic reads popular fare. Here's a few of the better selections:






Maybe I'll post the entire book sometime.

No comments: